The United Nations is an international organisation that was established in 1945.. It is currently made up of 193 member states, with India being one of them. The UN's main aims are to maintain international peace and security, promote human rights, and provide a forum for discussion and cooperation.
The UN has a number of specialized agencies, including the World Health Organization, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. India is a member of many of these agencies.
However, there are a number of international organizations where India is not a member. These include the International Criminal Court, the International Committee of the Red Cross, and the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
The International Criminal Court is a permanent international tribunal that hears cases of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. India is not a member of the ICC, as it has not ratified the Rome Statute, the treaty that established the Court.
The International Committee of the Red Cross is a humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. India is not a member of the ICRC, as it is not a party to the Geneva Conventions.
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons is an international body that works to eliminate the use of chemical weapons. India is not a member of the OPCW, as it has not ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention.
India is not a member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The ISO is a nongovernmental organization that develops and promulgates international standards. It is made up of members from various national standards organizations. The ISO is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, and has a membership of 163 national standards organizations. India is not a member of the ISO.
India also does not belong to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. Due to its geographical location, India was unable to join ASEAN. South Asia includes India, and ASEAN is an organization of Southeast Asian nations.
These are the others organization of which INDIA is not a member:
- UN Security Council - India is not a permanent member of the UN Security Council.
- NSG stands for Nuclear Suppliers Group.
- CTBT stands for Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
- OECD stands for the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- ICC stands for International Criminal Court.
- The G7 is a group of seven countries.
- OIC stands for Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
- OPEC stands for the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation is abbreviated as APEC.
- IEA stands for International Energy Agency.