Steps to make a PDF searchable in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC:
- To make a PDF searchable in Adobe Acrobat Professional or Standard, perform these steps:
- Select Tools > Text Recognition > In This File from the drop-down menu.
- The Recognize Text window appears. Click OK after selecting All Pages.
- The text recognition process will be carried out one page at a time. Please keep in mind that if your document is quite long, the procedure may take several minutes to complete.
- Select Tools > Text Recognition > In Numerous Files to enable text-searchability in multiple documents at the same time.
- The Recognize Text dialogue box appears, allowing you to add the files or folders of documents that you want to text-search.
- After you've uploaded all of the files or folders, click OK to begin the text-recognition process. Text-recognition processing can take a lengthy time if many files or directories are selected.
- Once all of the pages in all of the documents have been processed, repeat the search to ensure that each document is now text-searchable.
Read More: How do I fix Adobe PDF reader errors?