Steps to fix it:
- Select Print Layout from the Views portion of the ribbon by clicking the View tab. If View Shortcuts is on in the Status Bar at the bottom, you can also use the Print Layout button.
- Then, on the View tab, select Side to Side from the Page Movement part of the ribbon.
- The window will quickly change to show two pages at the same time.
- You won't see this till you have more than one page in your document if it only has one page. However, you can keep it enabled for when the time comes. The page will just reduce in size to fit in the window's width and length.
- You can still scroll through your pages when using Side to Side view. Instead of moving up and down a page, scrolling will modify the pages that are displayed. For example, if you scroll down from page one to page two, you'll see pages two and three.
- To revert to a one-page view in Word, go to the View tab and click Vertical in the Page Movement area of the ribbon.