Steps to stop Chrome from switching to Edge:
- Chrome is a web browser developed by Google-.Select Settings from the hamburger menu (three dots in the top right corner). Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Advanced. When Google Chrome is closed, uncheck the item that states Continue running background programs when Google Chrome is closed.
- Microsoft Edge is a browser developed by Microsoft.
- Microsoft Edge, which is based on Chromium, works in a similar way to Google Chrome.
- Select Settings from the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select System from the left-hand menu.
- Uncheck the box that says Continue running background programs while Microsoft Edge is closed on the right side.
Read More: How can I enable and disable Window Naming in Google Chrome or Edge browser?