Steps to clear a webpage from Safari and keep from getting malware on your Mac
- Go to Settings > Safari and press Erase History and Website Data to clear your history and cookies. Safari will not affect your AutoFill information if you clear your history, cookies, or browsing data. Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then press Remove All Website Data to erase your cookies while keeping your history. Turn on Private Browsing to view websites without leaving a trail.
- Stay away from the 'dark' side of the internet!
- Stick to the Mac App Store to avoid Mac infections.
- Before downloading non-App Store apps, do your homework.
- Make sure your Mac is up to date.
- To protect your Mac from viruses and malware, use a popup blocker in Safari.