- The Recovery Console can be accessed via the F8 start-up menu, as well as any Windows installation or recovery CD. To start the Recovery Console from the F8 boot menu, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer if necessary.
- Press the F8 key after the start-up message shows.
- Before Windows starts, you must press F8. Select Repair Your Computer from the drop-down menu.
- At this point, your computer might launch a specialised recovery programme, such as Lenovo's Rescue and Recovery utility. If this is the case, you should either use this utility to access the Recovery Console.
- Then press the Next button. It's possible that you'll be asked to select a keyboard layout and language. In most cases, you won't need to adjust these settings. Make a username for yourself
- You can select Administrator if you know the administrator's password. The password should be the same as the one you use for your personal user account, though this is not always the case.
- Only use an account with administrator privileges. Click OK after entering your password.
- On the screen, a window displays with many repair and recovery options and tools. Select Command Prompt from the drop-down menu.
- The window for the command prompt appears. You can now use the commands in the Recovery Console. Close the command prompt window after you're finished with it.
- From the System Recovery Options window, select the Restart option. The computer is rebooted.
Read More: What does BOOT.INI do?
Leave your comment