Steps to remove a Microsoft warning alert:
- First, you'll see a false pop-up that closely resembles a true Microsoft Security Alert antivirus warning. The pop-up will warn you that a virus has infected your computer and that you should download and install the essential antivirus software as well as contact technical assistance at the number provided.
- Only use official sources to download: Only use the Microsoft Store or certified Microsoft partner websites to download applications. Cybercriminals may have accidentally altered the pages of third-party software providers to serve their aims.
- Antivirus software should be used: Make sure your computer has Windows Security antivirus software installed, which can assist detect malware in real time and prevent it from wreaking havoc on your machine.
- Pop-up Blockers: For added protection, use a pop-up blocker application. You can't click on something if you can't see it first.
- Calling the phone number isn't a good idea: Never call a warning message that includes a phone number. There will be no phone numbers on genuine Microsoft warnings and trouble messages.