- launch telegram on your smartphone
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click the search symbol.
- In the search box, type your friend's name. You'll notice a few options for what to look for in terms of content: chats, links, media, and so on. Telegram, on the other hand, will display all relevant results in the search field without requiring you to select one.
On a Computer
- Start Telegram on your computer.
- Search for your friend's name or username in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Telegram will display you 'Global Search' results if the person you're looking for isn't in your contacts list. If this is the case, be sure to include very specific contact information. Otherwise, you'll end up with something that isn't relevant.