Change the SMTP server settings
It's crucial to double-check and double-check the SMTP email address and settings. For the same, there are two approaches described.
Method 1: Modify the outgoing server configuration.
- Start the outlook program.
- Go to your account settings page.
- Change the email address by selecting it and clicking the change button.
- Go to the alter email settings window and click on More Settings.
- Verify that My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication by clicking on the tab representing the outgoing server.
Method number two: Change the port number on the server.
occurs when the outgoing port number is wrong or banned. To resolve this error code, try changing the port to either 2525 or 587. Many internet service providers are blocking some of the default outgoing port numbers to prevent them from viruses and spam