Steps to connect Salesforce with Outlook 2007:
- Ensure that Outlook Exchange Cache Mode is turned on. If this function isn't already turned on, make sure SFO isn't operating, then turn it on. Wait for the mailbox data to fully download and Outlook to display that all folders are up to date.
- Check to see that your computer is up to date and has all of the essential upgrades. Before installing SFO, turn off your firewall and security software./li>
- Access Salesforce by logging in. In Salesforce, go to Desktop Integrations or Add-Ons:
- Enhanced Setup Menu in Salesforce Classic: Select Your Name | My Preferences | Desktop Add-Ons | Salesforce for Outlook from the drop-down menu.
- Setup without any enhancements Setup | Personal Setup | Desktop Integration | Salesforce for Outlook | Setup | Personal Setup | Desktop Integration | Salesforce for Outlook
- Lightning Experience in Salesforce-Select Settings from your profile symbol in the top-right corner. Click Desktop Add-Ons | Salesforce for Outlook in the left pane.
- Then click Save File after clicking Download (Version...).
- After your download is complete, right-click on the downloaded file and choose Properties from the menu. Click Unblock on the 'General' tab (if it exists). Continue with the installation if 'Unblock' is not available.
- Close Microsoft Outlook if it is open. Follow the on-screen instructions after opening the downloaded file.