I recommend that you run Startup Repair using the Windows installation DVD from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) and see what happens.
Follow these procedures to do startup repair on your computer:
- . Restart your computer after inserting the media (USB or DVD).
- . Select the drive where you installed the installation disc by pressing the F12 key (usually, this is F12, but it varies by computer manufacturer).
- . When the Windows Setup window displays, perform the following:
- Next, pick Repair your machine from the drop-down menu.
- You'll then see a blue screen with a selection to make. Select Advanced Options from the Troubleshoot menu.
- From the Advanced boot option, select StartupRepair.
- To finish the Startup Repair, follow the on-screen instructions.