Follow these steps to back up photo and media files:
- Go to the main menu and select 'Home.'
- Wait until the backup is complete and you have separate copies of your photos on iCloud.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the list.
- To sign in, enter your Apple ID if requested.
- To continue, tap iCloud.
- Select Photos.
- Toggle the iCloud Photo Library slider to the on position.
- To return to the previous screen, tap iCloud.
- Scroll down to the iCloud Backup app at the bottom of the list and hit it.
- Tap iCloud Backup to enable it if it isn't already enabled.
To begin the backup process for your photos, tap Back Up Now.