To discover the approximate position of your missing iPhone
or another iOS device, follow these instructions.
- Open your browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Use your Apple ID to log in to iCloud.com. Make sure you're checking in with the same Apple ID you used for iCloud; otherwise, you won't be able to access Find My iPhone.
- To see a list of available devices and their status, click All Devices.
- When you see a green dot next to a device, it signifies it's online and can be found using the app. You'll also see the last time it was found.
- If a grey dot appears next to a device, it is offline, meaning it is either switched off or not connected to a network. The status shows Offline if the gadget has been offline for more than 24 hours. If the device was recently online, the time when it was last located will be displayed.
Choose the device you wish to track down.
If your gadget is online, you'll be able to locate it using the map's approximate position. If Find My iPhone is unable to find your smartphone, it will only provide you with the device's last known position for up to 24 hours.
- Select the option that reads, Notifies me when discovered, to receive an email notification when your device comes back online.
- Use the Find My iPhone app to do any of the following actions: Change the map view, move the map, zoom in and out, or update the location.
- Click the green dot on the map, then the Refresh symbol to update the location.
- Drag the map to the desired position to move it.
- Click the Zoom in (+) button to enlarge the image.
- Click the Zoom out button to zoom out (-).
- To change the map view, click the current view in the bottom-right corner, such as Standard, and then pick your desired view.
You may also use another iOS device to track your lost smartphone. Depending on the data gathering services offered by third parties, maps and location information may change. These services are subject to change at any moment and may not be offered in all areas. This is the primary reason why some of the data shown in the Find My iPhone app is erroneous or incomplete maps or location data.