The text limit for personalized invitations:
- The custom message you can create when sending out connection requests used to be
299 characters long, but it's about to be reduced to just 140 characters.
- Begin your message with a friendly greeting (optional), followed by the name of your prospect. Because everyone enjoys hearing their own name, this will elicit an automatic favourable response.
- Following that, it's a good idea to briefly describe how you know the person, such as whether you: You were referred to them by a friend. While perusing LinkedIn, you came across their profile.
- Then, explain why you believe you have special, highly relevant value to provide and how they will benefit from engaging with you, or WHY they should accept your invitation.
- Finally, if possible and appropriate, include a Chat-to-Action to inform them exactly what you want from them, such as accepting your connection invitation, setting up a meeting with you, scheduling a quick call, and so on.
Read More: How Much Will it Cost to Advertise on LinkedIn?