The people behind
- Nikolai and Pavel Durov, brothers, founded Telegram in 2013.
- VK, a Russian social network (and Facebook competitor), was also started by the brothers, but they later left.
- Durov invested in the app, and Axel Neff (an American who formerly worked at VK) joined as a co-founder.
- Although the corporation began operations in Russia, it subsequently relocated to Berlin, Germany
- Durov's staff is now situated in Dubai and Saint Petersburg, according to media.
- Pavel Durov is the creator and proprietor of Telegram, a messaging service with over 500 million users worldwide. Telegram has been made free to use by Durov, and it competes with chat programmes such as WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook.
Why has WhatsApp Business banned my number?