Certified management course (CMA) is an accounting position that qualifies financial accounting and strategic management, in the domain of finance. The individuals who qualify for this course have the work profile of finance controller that can range up to the chief financial officer.
The course adds management skills that help in making strategic decisions based on financial data. They pursue finance accounting and financial management of data. The certificate is awarded by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). It may land the professionals in significant roles within finance corporations.
The course has many advantages if it is pursued properly:
- It gives earning potential to the candidates landing them into high-paying finance jobs. According to a survey, a CMA earns 117% higher salaries than non-certified individuals.
- It gives versatility to the job profile of the candidate. He also becomes a member of IMA which lands more opportunities in his laps.
- It is a globally accepted and applicable certificate course.
- To pass this exam, the candidate must be able to make strategic decisions and have analytical thinking ability. This ability advances his career more than anything.
- Since there is a constant advancement of artificial intelligence and automated systems in the tech world, there is better job security for the candidates. They develop critical thinking over a period of time which makes them stand out.
CMAs prepare the company’s GAAP financial statements and additional management reports because their critical thinking is highly developed. They provide strategic insights and performance metrics to the decision-makers at the corporate level.