Digital Marketing is the evolving discipline of marketing in the new-age internet dynamism. It goes far away from traditional ways where people used to go to stores for buying items.
Contrary to that consumers are now targeted through various portals, links, ads and other means. This process encompasses Digital Marketing. There are various Companies which offer digital marketing services and are quite agile in consumer response through advertisement, social media, and pay-per-click.
Setting foot in this field is easy & demanding as well because it is the need of the hour. One good thing that could boost your confidence is that you don’t have to go to any college or pursue any particular course for starting your journey.
Just take care of the following few steps and you’re good to go!
• Learn the basics of Digital Marketing- it is not any particular discipline or field, but a channel of various processes through which you have to work. Like: social media, emails, ads, affiliate marketing, mobile marketing, content strategist, etc.
• Start your own website- it is the best way to set foot into the business, once you are acquainted with the basics, take a step further and start working on your own. Throughout your digital marketing career, you’ll be asked to promote different kinds of websites to either increase their organic traffic (SEO) or sales through PPC and social media advertising. Thus, it is best to start early and get involved.
• Start learning things about SEO
- for becoming a digital marketing expert, you need to have knowledge of a very vast area called SEO
(search engine optimization)
. Go through various dynamics that involve
, gradually you will feel the confidence of trying your hand at the aspects of SEO.
• Google ads Certification- the role of a digital marketer is also to promote their services in various websites (like, Google, etc.) For this, you need to get google ads certification.
• Facebook Ads Advertising-
will involve mostly the use of social media (like, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) For this you need to master the ads certification of Facebook/other social media, because these all media act as tools in building your website’s traffic.
• Google Analytics is the next step- this step involves the metrics and analysis of the traffic generated on your ads, links, website, social media, etc. By learning analytics, you can analyze who clicked on your ads, no. of times your website was opened, no. of times a video was played and rest of the things. This will help you make informed decision in real time and not by some predictions.
• Freelancing- Building your own website was an important aspect but if you try to work for a client it will boost your knowledge as well as your growth in the industry.
By this you will learn to set up procedures, improve your analytics and reporting skills, learn how to handle budgets, and how to manage client communication.
- working at an agency as an assistant would also give client exposure and boost your connections. It will strengthen the skills you have already learnt and will plant new skills in you.
• Start having first-hand experience on tools-
there are various tools that you need to use to start your career as a digital marketer and later, some other tools to manage an ample traffic. Since you would be working with numerous specialists later in your career, you would have to learn new tools and stay updated with the current
Having a thorough tool knowledge will allow you to create dashboards for your channels and meaningful reports to management or clients.
There are many areas of
and for landing up a great pay-scale you need to be an all-rounder in all of them. The more you invest in your career at an early stage, the more that investment will pay back.