Mahadev - Shiva, The Destroyer of Evil, called by various terms but ultimately the Supreme power. Living as a Hindu, maximum people appear across the term “Jyotirlinga” quite a few times as evolving. Shiva’s Jyotirlinga is ultimately esteemed among the Hindus. A Jyotirlinga is a monument where Lord Shiva is worshipped in the shape of a Jyotirlingam. Now the question arises.
What a Jyotirlingam is?
It is the bright indication of The Almighty. A Jyotirlinga is a religious articulation of Lord Shiva. The word ‘Jyoti’ refers to light & ‘linga’ refers to sign. Jyotirlinga is said to be the light of Lord Shiva.
There are 12 Jyotirlinga present in India. It is understood that Lord Shiva initial personified himself at the night of the Aridra Nakshatra
All the 12 Jyotirlingas in India and their Locations are:
1. Somnath Jyotirlinga in Gir, Gujarat.
2. Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga in Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh.
3. Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
4. Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga in Khanda, Madhya Pradesh.
5. Baidyanath Jyotirlinga in Deoghar, Jharkhand.
6. Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga in Maharashtra.
7. Ramanathaswamy Jyotirlinga in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu.
8. Nageshwar Jyotirlinga in Dwarka, Gujarat.
9. Kashi Vishwanath Jyotirlinga in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
10. Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga in Nasik, Maharashtra.
11. Kedarnath Jyotirlinga in Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand.
12. Ghrishneshwar Jyotirlinga in Aurangabad. Maharashtra