Aarogya Setu App is a Bluetooth-based COVID-19 tracker launched by the Government of India. It tries to determine the risk based on the location of the user and informs them of the positive COVID-19 case within 6-feet proximity. Over 10 million people have downloaded this app so far. It is the new app for coronavirus in India.
Arogya Setu App
has been developed by the National Informatics Center which is a part of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. It is a Bluetooth-based COVID-19 tracker launched by the Government of India. Arogya Setu App is a Sanskrit language word meaning "A bridge of health". The aim of the Arogya Setu App is to enhance the initiative of the Department of Health, specifically by the Government of India, to continuously access and inform the users of the application about the risks, best practice and relevant advice of COVID-19.
The Aarogya Setu App is available on both platforms - Android and iOS. The app is available in 11 languages - English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya, Gujarati, and Marathi. The app is expected to be available in more Indian languages soon.
1. The Arogya Setu App works on Bluetooth-based technology and tries to determine the risk or risk of COVID19 based on the user's location.
2. The risk factor is also based on the data available for that place.
3. It informs the user whether he has crossed the path of COVID-19 positive case in 6-feet proximity.
4. The application also informs the user about various measures for COVID-19 such as Self Assessment Test, Social Distancing, do's and don'ts, etc.
5. The Arogya Setu App also tells the user about the precautionary measures and how to maintain social distancing in times of global pandemics.
6. According to a PMO statement, the app can also be an e-pass facilitating travel from one place to another.
7. If a user is in high risk or high risk, the app will advise him to go to a nearby testing center for testing and immediately call the toll-free number 1075.
8. The app is also equipped with a chatbot that answers all the basic questions on coronovirus disease or COVID-19.
9. Users can also collect helpline numbers for each state in India.