AWS Conﬁg provides a detailed view of the conﬁguration of AWS resources in your AWS account. This includes how the resources are related to one another and how they were conﬁgured in the past so that you can see how the conﬁgurations and relationships change over time.
An AWS resource is an entity you can work within AWS, such as an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance, an Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) volume, a security group, or an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). For a complete list of AWS resources supported by AWS Conﬁg. Take your career to new heights of success with an AWS Training.
With AWS Conﬁg, you can do the following:
- Evaluate your AWS resource conﬁgurations for desired settings.
- Get a snapshot of the current conﬁgurations of the supported resources that are associated with your AWS account.
- Retrieve conﬁgurations of one or more resources that exist in your account.
- Retrieve historical conﬁgurations of one or more resources.
- Receive a notiﬁcation whenever a resource is created, modiﬁed, or deleted.
- View relationships between resources. For example, you might want to ﬁnd all resources that use a particular security group.