HTML5 is the latest version of HTML4. It is more powerful & lightweight web application language that is mainly used for designing responsive WebPages.
HTML5 is developed by co-operation of two organization W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) &
WHATWG (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group) & started to develop from 2000 & after that, it is
commercially launched by Google in 2012.
HTML5 is a group of different languages like -
"Benefit of HTML5 "
- It is used for design new look & feel webpage.
- It is more powerful for different events with different features & properties.
- HTML5 also reduce the dependency of the third party tools like flash-player, Google-gear, silver-light, Google-map etc.
- With the help of HTML5, we can create our own images, logo, animated images without using any software
like Photoshop, coral-draw etc.
- HTML5 provides improved HTML4 control like email, number, color, date etc.
- It also solves the server side programming task like cookie, session & JS task etc.
- HTML5 provides advanced audio & video tag to play HD file.
"Features of HTML5 "
1. New Semantic Tag
In HTML5 some semantic tag are introduce that provide advance structure for web design like <header>, <footer>, <aside> etc.
2. Form2.0 improved
In HTML5 the form tag is improved and also provide the different type of attribute & controls that manage the data.
3. Canvas & SVG
create our own images without using any third party tools like Photoshop, coral-draw etc.
4. Audio & Video
In HTML5 different advance video & audio format supported to play HD files without using any third party plug-in & players.
5. Web Storage API
Web Storage is a powerful method by which we can store user information in the browser without using session & cookies by server-side language.
6. Web Workers API
7. SSE(Server Send Event)
It is also a powerful feature by which without a request of the client, a server can send the response on a particular interval.
8. Drag & Drop API
It is also a powerful feature of HTML5 by which we can manage drag & drop facility within a page without using any APIs.
9. Geolocation API
It is the most powerful feature of HTML5 by which we can find the geographical position of users.
"Thanks!!! for Reading"