Allahabad, now known as Prayagraj, is one of the most ancient cities in the history of India situated in the South- Eastern Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the most strategic places in India for centuries ...The Vedas stated the importance of Allahabad in the early scriptures like Ramayana and Mahabharata and many others. It is also the
judicial capital of Uttar Pradesh due to the presence of the highest judicial body, The Allahabad High Court. Also, the city organises the Kumbh Mela in various forms every year. Because of the history of the city it is a famous tourist spot for many:
- Triveni Sangam: If you consider boating and sight-seeing as your interests, then boating from Triveni Sangam to
Naini Bridge would be an absolutely eye-pleasing view for you.
- Khusro Bagh: It is one of the most magnificent forts in Allahabad built by King Jahangir for his son Khusro. The tombstone of the prince lies in this garden along with that of his mother Shah Begum. It catches the eye for its amazing architecture including intricacy and magnificence.
- Anand Bhawan: As we know from history that this place was the residence of the
Nehru Family but now it has been transformed into a tourist attraction and also has
Jawahar planetarium inside it, showcasing the space & celestial shows daily. It was also the residence of
- Chandrashekhar Azad Park: Also known as Alfred Park or Company Garden
is the place where Chandrashekhar Azad died as a martyr. That's why this place was renamed after him in 1931. The garden is quite vast and large in not only its area but also its beauty, showcasing thousands of varieties of botanical species and eye-catching places inside it.
- Allahabad Fort: It is a splendid work of architecture that was built by Akbar in 1853. Since then, it has stood tall and beautiful also enticing the famous
Allahabad Pillar inside it.
- Allahabad Public Library: It is located inside the Company garden. Formerly known as
Thornhill Mayne Memorial is the largest library in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The structure of the building is quite impressive, and it's a good stop if you're visiting the Company Gardens.
- Fungaon Water park & Nandan Kanan Water Retreat: These are two major water based parks in the outskirts of Allahabad, good treat for summers and also very pleasing to the eye.
- New Yamuna Bridge and Minto Park: Both of them lie side by side. Minto park is a lush green garden pleasant for walking in the evening while Yamuna Bridge displays its grandeur by spreading beautifully and vastly, connecting Arail Ghat and the main city.
- Arail Ghat: A large and open ghat lying on the banks of Sangam is a good place to visit if you just want to sit and relax on the staircase in open air. Also the roads in Arail Ghat are covered with lush green trees on both sides giving a treat to the eyes.
- Saraswati Ghat: It is one of the most spectacular ghats in Allahabad situated on the banks on river Yamuna beside
Mankameshwar Temple of Lord Shiva. The ghat is named after the Hindu Goddess Saraswati. Stairs from three sides of this Ghat descend to the greenish water of the Yamuna. Above there is a park which is covered with green grass.