In August 2017, the ASP.NET team announced the public release of ASP.NET Core 2.0, released at the same time with .NET Core 2.0, Entity Framework Core 2.0 and the .NET Standard 2.0 specification.
The release of .NET Standard 2.0 has also included the increased number of APIs that are now available in .NET Core, with the framework now covering a higher number of the use cases needed by existing teams and/or projects
Why use ASP.NET Core?
- A unified story for building web UI and web APIs.
- A cloud-ready, environment-based configuration system.
- Built-in dependency injection.
- Ability to host on Apache, Docker, Nginx, IIS, and also self-host in your own process.
- Side-by-side app versioning when targeting .NET Core.
- Tooling that simplifies modern web development.
- A high-performance and lightweight Modular HTTP request pipeline.
- Ability to build and run on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Integration of modern, development workflows and client-side frameworks.
- It's Open-source and community-focused.
I hope it's Informative...