We have always heard of fixings in IPL
or other test series? What's that fixing?
Fixing is nothing but confirming the winning by making payment to the fixer before match starts, that is against the boundaries of cricket's ethics.
In fact your hands can be handcuffed by the law authorities. Therefore, a committee was formed to keep an eye over any type fraud involvement in matching.
A committee named as The Lodhi Committee appointed by the apex court of India, Supreme Court on 22nd of January, 2015 to analyse and recommend implementable actions for improving the Board of Control for Cricket in India. The committee helped the
BCCI in assessing the quantum of punishment for Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra in the Indian Premier League (IPL) betting scandal, and analyse the role of Sundar Raman.
What are the other recommendations offered by the Committee on its establishment?
- It gives the foundation of 'one vote per state' to ensure BCCI's transperancy in more relevant way.
- President of BCCI cannot have a tenure of more than two years.
- To act as an independent and sovereign governing body for IPL.
- And the most important recommendation offered by the committee to say 'no to politicians' for involvement in BCCI.
Know About its history
The Lodhi Committee came into existence when the Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee submitted an investigation report of the 2013 IPL betting scandal. The purpose of its establishment, you already know that was to analyze and recommend implementable actions for improving the Board of Control For Cricket in India and evaluate the quantum of punishment for the people involved in the
Indian Premier League betting scandal.
- The committee suggested various other improved guidelines such as:
- Set guidelines for the appointment of CFO and CEO.
- Set age of office bearers.
- Choice of advertisement during IPL.
- Appointment of the CAG official.
Read More: answers.mindstick.com