Salesforce provides the facility to mass update in the Salesforce records. This facility is available in both the versions Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience, and the editions are Developer, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Database.com.
If you want to update the records at a time in a large number of data, then we will recommend following these steps:
- To get the data by performing an export of the objects you wish to update, or by running a report. Make sure your report includes the record ID.
- Take an extra copy of the generated CSV file as a backup Measure.
- In a CSV editor like an Excel, open your working file in it, and update your data.
- Open your Data Loader and follow the update wizard. But, notice that matching is done according to the record ID.
- After the execution of a process, check or review your success and error log files and see the Review Data Loader Output Files.
- If you did any mistake, use your backup file to update the records to their previous values.