largest steel producer in the year 2017
According to a latest report published by World Steel Association (WSA) China has become the world’s largest steel producer in 2017 by producing 831.7 million tonnes (MT). China’s crude steel production for November 2017 was 66.2 Mt, an increase of 2.2% compared to November 2016.
As per the report of WSA,World crude steel production for the 66 countries was 136.3 (Mt) in November 2017 which is 3.7% more compared to November 2016.
On the other hand Second position has acquired by Japan by producing 8.7 Mt of crude steel in November 2017, an increase of 1.0% compared to November 2016.
Whereas India obtained the 3rd position which overtook US in terms of largest steel producer.
In 2017 total crude steel production of India grew by 6.2% to 101.4 MT as compared to 95.5 MT in 2016.
The total Global steel production output was 1,606.3 MT in 2016 but it is reached 1691.2 MT in 2017 which is more by 5.3%.
World Steel Association (WSA) is one of the largest industry associations in the world.Over 160 steel producers with 9 of the 10 largest steel companies, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes, WSA members represent approximately 85% of the world’s steel production.
Graph Showing Steel production in India
• In November 2017, Italy’s crude steel production was 2.2 Mt which is more by 3.3 % on November 2016.
• In November 2017 France produced 1.2 Mt of crude steel which is decrease of -8.7% as compared to November 2016
• In November 2017 Spain produced 1.3 Mt which is increase by 18.0% in November 2016
• Turkey’s crude steel production for November 2017 was 3.1 Mt, increase by 7.0% on November 2016.
• The US produced 6.7 Mt of crude steel in November 2017, which is more of 8.5% compared to November 2016.
• For November 2017 Brazil’s crude steel production was 3.0 Mt which is up by 15.3% on November 2016.
• Ratio of the 66 countries in terms of the crude steel capacity utilisation was 70.7% in November 2017 which is 1.5% higher than November 2016.
Thanks for Reading!!!