Salesforce provides the Approval processes for the Developer, Unlimited, Enterprise, and Performance editions. For Professional Edition approval process is not available, but by paying an extra amount, you can enable the Approval process for the Professional Edition.
Salesforce established on a multitenant architecture, so it imposes a few limitations on the approval process:
- For each approval process, we can have a maximum of the following:
- 30 steps per process
- 25 approvers per step
- Every organization having the following limitations:
- 300 approval processes per object
- 1,000 approval processes per organization
- An approval process's e-mail limit per day is as follows:
- 1,000 per Salesforce standard license
- 200,000 per organization
In Salesforce, when an Organization’s daily limit acroases from 200,000, then the Salesforce sends a warning E-Mail to the default workflow user and discard all the e-mails. Salesforce will not try to resend them later.
We cannot delete active approval processes of an Organization. If we want to delete them, then we need to inactivate the approval process and make sure that now no records have been submitted for approval. If any records have been submitted, delete them and remove them from the recycle bin.
Now, after the approval process activation, we cannot add, delete, or change the order of the steps or change the reject or skip comportment of that process, even if you make the process inactive.
There are various ways to approve a request – approval settings
- We can approve records in Salesforce by three ways, which are as follows:
- Via a UI
- Via a wireless-enabled mobile device
- Via Salesforce Chatter