Well, there are not some lines because there are so many lines said for the God of cricket
Sachin was an era which ended after his retirement on 16 November 2013
. Here I have come up with some of the best lines said for him.
- “I am fortunate that I’ve to bowl at him only in the nets!”- Anil Kumble
- “We did not lose to a team called India…we lost to a man called Sachin” –Mark Taylor
- “India me aap Prime Minister ko ek baar katghare me khada kar sakte hain. Par Sachin Tendulkar par ungli nahi utha Sakte..”-
Navjot Singh Sidhu
- The harder he works, the luckier he gets- Ian Chappell
- I’ll begoing to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six.
He was unstoppable. I don’t think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player- Shane Warne
- I think he is marvelous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played,
from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that’s going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he’s 99.5% perfect-
Viv Richards on Sachin Tendulkar
- Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don’t know, something beyond scientific measure.
Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives- BBC Sports, on Sachin Tendulkar
- He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease- Greg Chappell
- He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling-Richie Benaud
- India’s fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing-
- “There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others”- Andy Flower
- “Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world”-
- “On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing a century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!!”- Peter Roebuck
- If I’ve to bowl to Sachin, I’ll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard-Dennis Lillee
- Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal- Brian Lara