maintains the original size of your photo at a standard width of 1080 pixels, as long as the height is between 566
and 1350 pixels.
Your photo will be stretched if it is less than 320 pixels wide. It will be resized if it is larger than
1080 pixels wide. If your post isn't square, as long as the image's dimensions are as indicated, your image will appear as it should - it's all about proportions.
Sizes and formats of Instagram photos
- 1080 × 1080 px Instagram Post (1:1 ratio).
- Photo for Instagram profile: 360 × 360 px.
- 1080 x 608 px Instagram Landscape Photo (1.91:1 ratio).
- 1080 x 1350 pixels for Instagram portraits (4:5 ratio).
- 1080 x 1920 px Instagram Story (9:16 ratio).
- 420 x 654 pixels for the IGTV cover photo (1:1.55 ratio).
- 1080px by 1080px is the best Instagram Square Photo Size.
- A standard photo post has a square aspect ratio of 1:1. Because most photo editing apps and Instagram itself have an auto-cropping feature, this is usually the easiest photo size to get correct on the first try.
Not to mention the fact that you can take a square photo using the iOS camera!. Your photo should be between 320px by 320px and 1080px by 1080px for optimum results
- Ideal photo size for Instagram portraits is 1080px by 1350px.
That's something you can accomplish with both portrait and landscape photographs! Portrait shots are likewise rather simple to get right on the first try, though you will have to clip oversize vertical photos to fit within Instagram's constraints.