Flights booked for work or leisure its delay or cancellation must never be taken for granted. There are several reasons behind the same like severe weather, airport construction and or any security issue or pandemic like of 2020!
Whatever may be the reason you must assure yourself that you and your rights are safe. For the same, I have highlighted few
points that you must have in your head when your flight gets called off.
- Must have a folder of travel documents, its need arises when you have to prove your booking done for the flight that got cancelled.
- Make a query regarding the flight cancellation and request for a written statement from the airline.
- You can also ask for refund or booking for an alternative flight to your destination.
- If the cancellation extended for 2 hours you can ask for food and refreshments and in long hours you can make a request for accommodation also.
- Keep the receipts of the cancellation if it is costing as an additional expenses.
- Go around for the compensation. Remember, cancellation may give your money back but delay may not compensate you. In that case, you can ask for a care package.
Read more: answers.mindstick.com